Excrement is very interesting compound. It is basically mud, but forms ensemble of a few clots. What’s more, the little balls are squeezed to merge into a long, fluid-like shape.
I think you can make excrement by two ways: bottom-up approach or top-down approach.
Bottom-up approach with particle:
The bottom-up is what I tried and I’m not satisfied with the result in previous posts a few months ago. The way uses particle and molecular add-on.
The pros is that you can make animation the particle simulation. The cons is that since it can’t make clots, it looks like a mud as below.
Top-down approach with cell fracture:
How to make excrement with cell fracture:
The all fracture objects should be selected and joined into one object by “object > join” in the lower menu bar. The result is like blow.
3. In edit mode, selecting all vertices, apply multi extrude add-on. To extrude it to outer a bit, set scale=0.1, repeat=1.
4. Also in edit mode, apply MiraTools‘ noise to make clots. Noise=0.8.
5. Add subdivision surface modifier, render=2.
The result is below. The material is EA_dirt_G of Meta s Massive Cycles Matlib v15 Alpha | Blend Swap, fine-tuned to more green.
Compering to bottom-up particle approach, this mesh has balls merging together.
Cases of other objects:
You can do it for any objects.
The blow is scaled icosphere.
The below is an object along with curve.
The uneven mesh can be interpreted as other things, when you change the material.
High heat metal.
- Blender CGI: Trees on steep grass field
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: Tutorial With Wireframe Modifier
- Blender CGI: Waiting For Coming Home
- Blender CGI: Question Tree
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: Tree with wireframe modifier 1
- Blender: “Crack It” Addon WIki
- Blender: How to make realistic excrement of any objects (seriously)
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: How to customize cracking point
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: How to avoid bad shape
- Blender: Trees by “Crack It” addon 1
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: How to make a tree
- Blender CGI: Wired Godzilla In The Forest
- Blender CGI: Wired Man
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: Tree with wireframe modifier2
- Blender “Crack It” Addon: Tutorial For Old Tree With Rough Bark